We love our local communities and seek to serve and show God’s love, power and hope. Here are some glimpses of opportunities we have to do this:
- Sports: We have an active church-based football team, Lokomotiv Carnforth and a Tuesday night kick-about for those not so young and fit (Classics). Each year we organise the Carnforth Soccer & Netball School for 70+ children, encouraging them in their development of sporting and life skills.
- Food Bank: We seek to meet the urgent practical needs of vulnerable people in our community.
- Seniors: A monthly, midweek social gathering- Coffee Pot Plus - bringing company and meaningful messages.
- Children and Youth: On Friday mornings we run Teacakes & Tots at Hunter Street. This is a drop-in session for parents, babies and toddlers. Friday nights bring Encounter, our evening youth club for 11 - 14s. Several times a year, we love to see families at our Messy Church events and encourage as many local families as possible to be involved.
- In order to support our community in difficult seasons of life we run courses like Divorce Care, Divorce Care for Kids, Grief Share, Parenting Course, Marriage Course and for those wanting to explore faith, The Alpha Course and Christianity Explored.
- Dementia care is such a challenging issue. Our Lyrics & Laughter event runs twice a month to support and encourage those facing dementia as well as their carers.